Friday 4 September 2015

Well spring is here but the weather is still so cold in Monbulk.
I am spending my time planning the new perennial beds in the garden with skirrets (wild parsnips), ocas (NZ yams), yacons, sunchokes, chinese artichokes and more.
Next I am going to sow some heritage tomatoes from Diggers in punnets in my new greenhouse to protect them from the frosts that we might still get up here in the Dandenong ranges.
I have to find room in the orchard for the 3 avocados, one apricot, one almond and one olive trees i have just purchased from Telopea Mountain Nursery ...Spring is always exciting in the garden and starting to be busy with planning, sowing, planting, pruning...
Have a great Father's day
Namaste

www.crystalheartsanctuary.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bernadette!! The internet just got that little bit better again! Very excited to see you online and looking forward to your posts. Might visit Telopea next Friday myself to pick up some more trees. I started saving seed last year, so I've got some tomato seeds to sow this weekend too.
    Lots of love,
    Andre

    ReplyDelete